Monday, August 8, 2011

Finding strength in the storm


It is so easy to lose focus in the midst of the storm!  We are 5 ½ months into our first deployment… we have 3ish months till R&R and 7 ½ months left! 
I have been fortunate enough to be able to talk to my hubs just about every day so far.. but right now he is in a remote location covering someones R&R and I haven't gotten to talk to him in 7 days!  I feel like I'm going crazy some days!  I miss him so much!  Today I was changing a diaper and got a notification on my phone… he posted on my wall and was on Facebook!!!  OMG! It was less than 2 minutes from the time he messaged me to the time when I got to respond and he was already gone! UGH! I couldn’t stop crying.  Not to mention I pretty much cried 90% of yesterday!  Ugh… 5 ½ months in I would think it would get easier but I really don’t think it ever will get easier.  I can never get used to not being able to see, talk or be with my best friend when ever I want to .  Deployment sucks! 

Like I said before it is so easy to get lost in the midst of the storm, to lose focus and to forget that even in the midst of pain and trials, God is still in control!  Today I had just about as much as I could handle and my patience was gone and I was afraid I was gonna explode and yell at my beautiful babies so I decided to load up and go for some Starbucks therapy and a long drive!  I got to Starbucks and ordered.. .and while at the window had the thought that I should pay for the car behind me.. just then the lady dropped my drink all down the side of my pick up…  I about said forget it.. but did it anyway.. when I gave her my card back and told her I wanted to pay for the person behind me she looked shocked.  Then when she gave me my receipt she gave me a voucher for a free drink next time! Cool!!!

I started driving and had it on Klove… and every single song I heard during my hour drive spoke right to my situation!  Love it!  Its so great how God can use something as simple as radio to speak to our hearts!  One song that stuck out to me was “Praise you in the storm” by Casting Crowns!  Read the words… They really are a great encouragement and reminder that God is in control no matter what circumstance! Hope it encourages you as much as it did me! 

Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

Chorus

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Misty. I think you are wonderful and doing a great job. Your family is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!