Sunday, September 1, 2013

Im Back.. with a yummy clean recipe!

Wow it has been an incredibly long and draining summer! I haven't blogged much mostly because I have been too busy adjusting to small town life and dealing with the death of my dad and lots of traveling back and forth to the city.  I have so many thoughts and words I want to share about my dads death and alcoholism but its still a little to raw and im just not quite ready yet...  But on a good note today is September 1st and today my hubs and I start the 21 Day Sugar Detox!  I have some sweet blogging friends joining in this week and one of my bffs as well!  Im excited to see the outcome!

The Official 21 Day Sugar Detox Pinterest page is my new BFF!  There are so many great recipes!!!!
To start let me tell you going into this I am tired!  ALL the freaking time! I've gained back all my 'herbalife' weight back... btw I love the taste of herbalife but ive seen it over and over again and in my hubs and I both.. the day you stop shaking the weight comes right back...  oh well! Hence our new journey... not any certain diet just eating as clean and healthy as possible and getting exercise!  We are starting with the sugar detox to help get some cravings in line and start fresh!  I am doc ordered to pretty much eat paleo type food for the sake of my health so this is perfect!  Over the next 21 days I plan to share recipes, struggles and successes! Today I have to tell you about the oh so yummy healthy breakfast I just made!

I call it - Zucchini Breakfast Pie - I adapted the recipe from this amazing recipe:  http://thingsmybellylikes.com/2013/05/20/bacon-sausage-egg-pie/  By the way this website has a ton of great recipes too

First for the crust..
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 eggs 
1/2 cup coconut oil (recipe called for butter but we prefer coconut oil)

I whipped the eggs and melted oil together then stirred in the coconut flour then dumped into a well greased pie plate and used hands to flatten and work into the pie form...Baked at 350 for 7 mins then pulled out of the oven and cooled for a few mins before filling.


For the filling you can use whatever you want! I did 5 Organic Free Range Cage Free Eggs, 1 organic Zucchini, 2 organic Tomatoes and 1 Organic Onion

For the zucchini I grate with a cheese grater..
Then after its all grated it will be very watery - I put in the middle of strong paper towels and squeeze the heck out of it till most of the water is gone (if you dont it will make the consistency too watery)
Then I mixed all together and baked at 375 for 25-30 mins!
It was super yummy!  Cant wait to try more of these amazing recipes and have a great 21 days!!!




 photo sig_zpsd718d3fe.png

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Misty ... you have been making some great changes {I've been keeping an eye out on Instagram!}
    Looks like country living is right up your healthy alley :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!