Friday, August 8, 2014

Finding Joy in the messy moments of motherhood!


Weight loss is a huge part of my life and this blog, but lets face it... I have 3 kids ages 2-4 and so my life is more about motherhood than anything else! We have some crazy redonk moments that I love to share because lets face it, we need a laugh now and then and 99% of moms prob relate to what I'm about to share!

Jax is 2.5 and he is not potty trained yet, he sometimes uses the potty and sometimes doesn't!  I get grief all the time because I haven't potty trained him yet, Benjamin and Cloee were potty trained by this age etc.. well he's my baby and he's just not totally there yet and I'm okay with pull ups for now!

Today he had some successes but he also dunked his hair in the toilet after he peed in it, he dipped undies in the pee pee water, he dipped a pull up in pee pee water and carried it all the way down the hall and to the kitchen where I was! Need I go on? ha

Benjamin saying "Jax lets play a game called who can smell my stinky boot the longest" 


Yesterday while attempting to blog he comes in and says MOMMY I POOOPED! I got up to get a new pull up and find the wipes and turned around to hear the 3 words that no mom wants to hear... 

IT TASTES DI'GUSTING!

His finger was covered in poop! I don't know if he actually attempted to eat it or now but ewww sick!  I quickly cleaned him up, washed his hands, got on a new pull up and of course did what I normally do when life gives me these moments... I post it on Facebook!  

Yeah probably over sharing for the FB setting but ....

In case you haven't figured out by now... motherhood is messy! Its beautiful and chaotic and some days a little awful but always beautiful!. 
I choose to find humor in the moments where my kid eats poop or pees on the floor, yet again, or eats a rollie pollie or even the ones where the biggest innocently whacks his siblings on the head with a toy hammer... Real people have those days, you know those kind of days where everything goes wrong, everyone is fighting, the kids are crying for no reason, those days you are praying that you last till bed time...

Benjamin picked out everyones outfits and said its red ninja day!


Motherhood isn't always a beautiful photo-shopped image of perfect children sitting politely and saying yes mam on que but it often is a HUGE pile of laundry taking over your living room or the mountain of dishes piled in the sink, or tripping over toys to get down the hall and pizza and cheetos for dinner, again! While not everyone can appreciate a good poop story, I find joy in 'over sharing' the craziness of this beautiful life that God gave me!


Choose to find joy in the moments that God gives you! The beautiful ones and the ugly ones, the ones where life gives you roses and especially in the ones where your kid has a massive blow out in the middle of a restaurant! Choose not to try to create unneeded drama instead just laugh off the moments you deem as inappropriate and know that in following me or being my 'friend' my disclosure is I am the Queen of Over sharing and I am totally okay with that!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny!! My youngest of 3 is also 2.5 years old and she just had a poop "incident" no tasting involved with her. So I'm just glad you shared and it is messy but it's a beautiful mess and I love how much joy my kids bring me!! My first instinct was to take pictures and share the mishap:-) too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!