Sunday, February 5, 2012

Meal Planning and some Fun Low Cal Recipies!


I have tried several times to meal plan and have failed miserably! I saw an idea on pinterest that gave me a lil inspiration. Instead of writing out what I will have each day (which I never stick to) I am writing each of the meals I shopped for on an index card along with calories and placing in a box and at the beginning of each day knowing how many calories I need I plan out one day at a time.  This way I can be flexible and choose which meal I want at that time and plan the rest of my meals and snacks around that to stay within my calorie budget for that day!

I have been asked by several people to post meals, recipes etc so here are some of the meals I am making over the next week!

Mojito Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps aprox 269 Calories per serving (2 servings)
1 chicken breast marinated in McCormick Mojito Lime Marinade (I prefer to let it marinate overnight)
1 can of Rotel (drained)
½ can of Black Beans (drained)
1/2 cup of Cilantro (stems removed)
Romaine Lettuce
I like to cook the chicken in a skillet in the marinade.  After chicken is done shred or dice then put back in skillet and add can of rotel and black beans and simmer for a few minutes and drain excess marinade.  Then wrap in lettuce and enjoy!
For a few more calories add cheese or serve in tortillas or taco shells

Tomato, Garlic & Basil Chicken and Veggies aprox 225 Calories
2 Chicken Breast marinated in McCormick Tomato, Garlic and Basil Marinade
1 Zucchini diced
1 Squash diced
2 Cups of Mushrooms diced
For extra awesome flavor I cook the veggies in a packet of the marinade made as suggested on back with vinegar and olive oil and then grill the chicken on the George forman grill. Once chicken is done I dice and add it to the veggies and let simmer until veggies are soft then drain.
For more calories I have not drained the veggies and poured all over whole grain noodles and was super yummy!
This recipe I also do with the Hawaiian Luau Marinade Super Yummy!!!
 Taco Wraps aprox 243 cals
½ lb of 93/7 ground beef
½ pkg of Taco Bell Taco Seasioning
1 can of Rotel
½ onion diced
Romaine Lettuce
Brown Taco Meat, add onion and taco seasoning and ½ cup of water and simmer till water is gone add rotel and serve in lettuce wraps or on lettuce as a salad.  For more calories serve with Guacamole or cheese or in actual taco shells instead of lettuce wraps

Zucchini Chicken with Ragu Aprox 200 cals (4 servings)
2 zucchini grated with a cheese grater
1 large can of chicken breast
½ jar of Spaghetti Sauce (I like Ragu Sundried Tomato and Sweet Basil) I prefer to make my own but this is one of those in a hurry easy meals!
Drain Chicken and put into pot to warm, add grated zucchini and sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.  For more calories serve over pasta!  My kids love this too! This would also be good to mix with pasta and mozzarella and or parmesan and bake for 10 minutes!

Mongolian Chicken Aprox 250 Cals (serves 4) 
I used this recipe I found on Pinterest except used chicken instead of Beef.  Great with beef too!

Wrap less Eggrolls  150 Calories (serves 2)  
1 Small package of shredded cabbage (cole slaw mix)
4 tbs of soy sauce more might be needed can be drained at the end
2 cups of bean sprouts
½ lb of 93/7 Ground Beef browned
Cook Cabbage and Bean sprouts in skillet with soy sauce till soft , drain excess liquid and mix with meat.  For more calories serve inside eggroll wraps and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Make sure to brush wraps with olive oil and turn half way through.


I am also going to be experimenting with Spegatti Squash! I will let you know how that goes after!
And as always some of the other things that are on my menu are Turkey Burger Patties with Wholly Guacamole which is 300 Calories.  Inside Out Turkey BLT which is just turkey bacon and tomato slices wrapped in lettuce with a lil bit of light mayo.

Yummo lets get to cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!