Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Clean & Paleo Crockpot Roast with Mushroom Gravy

Today I made my first roast and I am so proud! It was fantastic!  I forgot to take pics along the way but it was super easy and I wanted to share the recipe with you because I am in awe of how tender and yummy it turned out! 

Crockpot Roast with Mushroom Gravy - My ingredients are all Clean and Paleo friendly!
I adapted my recipe from this one I found on PaleOMG - http://paleomg.com/leftovers-rump-roast/ and for my gravy i adapted mine from this recipe http://paleomg.com/paleo-coconut-ginger-mushroom-chicken/  Oh how i love PaleOMG!

To cook the roast
Crock-pot
2 lb roast (I got mine at the farmers market from a local farmer who has a completely organic farm with grass fed certified Angus beef!  I have to say I know if I just have some mad cooking skills or if their beef really is what makes the real difference)
3 cups of chicken stock
1 can of coconut milk
5 garlic cloves (peeled)
Spices (i used onion powder & paprika)
1 whole onion 
Carrots (and whatever other veggies you want)

I put everything in the crock-pot and let cook on high for 3 hours - at the end I did not like how the sauce looked - the coconut milk got all clumpy and it stank!  So I dumped everything into a strainer and then put the veggies and the roast back in with out the sauce it cooked in.  (I also sliced the roast before putting it back in)

To make the gravy -
In a pan on the stove i cooked
2 cans of coconut milk
3 tbs of ginger 
1 whole container of fresh mushrooms (sliced)

Once the mushrooms were soft I poured the gravy mix over the roast and veggies and cooked on low for 30 mins to let the gravy soak into the inner parts of the meat... 
OMG it was fantastic!

I thought next time I wont use chicken stock but I dont  think i would change a thing - the way i cooked it contributed to how tender it was and draining all the juice and sauce just got rid of the extra fat and grease cooked out of the roast.  I am still amazed that it turned out so well!  Cant wait for tomorrows leftovers!  
This pic doesnt do it justice but its the only one I have!


 

 photo sig_zpsd718d3fe.png

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I'll have to give that one a try. PaleOMG is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!