Thursday, March 20, 2014

Paleo & Clean Chicken & Creamy Tomato Crock Pot Soup

While browsing Pinterest for easy crock pot recipes I came across this one from River North Paleo Girl
I modifed it a little and came up with this ridiculously yummy chicken and creamy tomato soup.  If you know anything about me you know I hate chicken in soups it totally grouses me out but I really liked this and was pleasantly surprised.  I am always game for anything easy and being able to just dump all in the crock pot with no prep or anything was perfect!




Chicken & Creamy Tomato Crock Pot Soup - Paleo & Clean
1 can coconut milk
2 can diced toms with juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 can Tom paste
2 big frozen chicken breasts
2 tbs basil
1 tbs garlic salt
1 tbs Italian seasoning
I added carrots and onions too
Next time I will add mushrooms

Throw everything in the crock pot - chicken doesn't even need to be defrosted! Cooked on low all day
Then about an hour before dinner time I took chicken out and shredded with 2 forks and put it back in so it could continue to simmer in the yumminess!











1 comment:

  1. I LOVE tomato soup, so I might be trying this! Especially as a way to sneak some chicken into the girls' food. V hates chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!