Friday, May 20, 2011

my creation! Mojito Lime Chicken Enchaladas with Sour Cream Sauce


Tonight I decided I wanted to be creative and cook something yummy so I invited my parents over and created a super yummy dish!  I’ll call it Mojito Lime Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce! MMMM it turned out FANTASTICLY Yummy!!!  Here it is…

This was inside Mixture

Finished Product

Mojito Lime Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce

Ingredients:
5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
2 Packets of Mojito Lime McCormick GrillMates Marinade (and all that it calls for – oil, vinegar, water)
2 cans of Mexican Lime and Cilantro Rotel
3 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
16oz Sour Cream
1-2 Limes (for squeezing)
Half a bunch of Cilantro
TONS of Mexican Jack Cheese (as much as you want, I used TONS!)
1 large Onion
Tortillas (I used large flour ones, wish I had gotten smaller ones! They were massive!)
if you have not yet tried these diff marinades you are missing out! Tons of yummy flavors!!! The ONLY way i will eat chicken!

Mix mojito lime marinades and pour into skillet and dice up chicken breast, squeeze ½ to whole lime over chicken and cook thoroughly

While Chicken is cooking in a separate skillet chop onion to your liking and cook till brown in a bit of the mojito lime marinade squeeze half a lime in while cooking

Once chicken drain excess oil from marinade and add can of well drained Rotel, cooked onions, chopped cilantro and squeeze ½ to whole lime over mixture and cook to soften cilantro.  Add desired amount of cheese and stir together till melted

For Sour Cream Sauce – Mix 3 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup and Sour cream along with can of well drained rotel and half the can of green chile enchilada sauce and sit aside (I actually warmed mine to speed the cooking process)

I took remainder of enchilada sauce and spread over each tortilla before I filled it with chicken/cheese mixture.

Fill Tortillas, Roll and place in baking dish.  Once all rolled cover with desired amount of sour cream sauce and top with cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes (or until all cheese is melted and tortillas are warm)

ENJOY! We served with Refried Beans and Spanish Rice Super Yummy!!!!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!