Saturday, January 11, 2014

I simply can not do this alone

Here it is January 11th and my confession is simply this... I can not do this alone.  



I didn't make any 'resolutions' this year because for me resolutions are to often filled with disappointment and regret.  Actually this post No Resolutions Only Decisions from Danette over at All My Love for All My Days perfectly describes what has been on my heart for the past few weeks!  This past year was filled with ups and downs in every area of my life, not just weight loss! At the end of the year I was actually worse off than I was at the beginning.  But the simple truth of it is I fail because I try to do it alone and I count on my own willpower or self control which never wins!  In a text to a friend the other day I said 'I really really really want to do the Daniel Fast - I have a lot of food issues I need to pray though and shift my focus to letting God be my strength in this bc I'm tired of failing over and over and over again.'  That's the cold hard honest truth I fail over and over and over and I'm tired of it.  The Daniel Fast is one thing that has been going through my mind over and over and over again and I have put it off for the fear of failing again. 

I have tried so many things and failed, my flesh and my want for ice cream and pizza and chips has always won because I rely on my own strength.  I decided to do the Daniel Fast, not for weight loss though it will certainly be a side effect, but purely for spiritual purposes.  No scales & no measuring!  I have got to get to the point where when temptation comes I don't spend 30 mins trying to rationalize why its okay or not okay to eat it and come to the place where I can pray through and rely on God's strength to resist and have true breakthrough in the area of my health.  This weekend is all about preparing, I have actually been preparing for the past several days as well.  Monday starts my 21 days - I will be sharing some recipes and insights throughout the 21 days and am seriously looking forward to serious real change!  No resolutions just decisions to learn to rely on God again! 
I also be going through the Made To Crave devotional and I joined an upcoming Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study of Made to Crave! 

The Daniel Fast is simply All Fruits & Veggies & Water to drink!  Check out my 21 Day Daniel Fast board on Pinterest for some awesome ideas! Here are some other resources I found!
http://www.daniel-fast.com/ - I signed up for the daily emails which are great so far!

“So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting.” – Daniel 9:3






Find Super Cute Stuff Here:

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, it is so hard to keep the will power from going and eating all the yumminess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!