Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Your Baby Can Read" Update

 Benjamin has been watching "Your Baby Can Read" for a week now...  Usually I sit him in his highchair or jumper to watch, it helps keep him focused.  Today he had some banana with his show!  As you can see below he watches very intently!  He claps when it says clap (not that hes reading it, he is seeing the kids on screen do the motions as well as seeing the word) he waves when it says wave, occasionally he puts his arms up when it says 'arms up' and the past few days he has been trying to do 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' along with the kids on the show!  I love it! He is so smart! I love to see his progress! He really does pay attention and seem to learn from it.  Its only been 1 week and he will continue on video 1 for the entire month of October, 2x per day!  
  

He will be 11 months old next week! Hard to believe! he is pulling up on everything and trying so hard to walk. I wouldnt be surprised if he was walking by the time Cloee comes in a little less than 7 weeks! He can learned a new word this week.. Papa! Papa Keith was soo excited!  We have him completely broken of the need for a binky during the day.  He only has it in his crib now.  Now I have to figure out how to break him of that! He usually sleeps 11-12 hours a night but if he wakes up and cant find his binky he starts crying and I have to go hunt it down! The hope is that he will be completely off of it by his birthday! I didnt give him one until he was 6 weeks old and will do the same with Cloee, however I plan on not letting her get as attached as Benjamin did!
Ive heard to cut the end of the binky and they wont want it any more...??? Anyone have experience with this? or know any other tricks... he only uses it to sleep..  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this because I have been wondering if it really does work. It's so expensive lol. But I'm wanting baby #2 next year so I'm planning on getting this so both kids can learn together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!