Thursday, December 29, 2011

Weight loss Wednesday update

Yea I know I'm a day behind but things were beyond crazy with the kidos yesterday! Monkey has some molars coming in and he cried all day! Nothing helped! He'd cry while saying teeth then asking for medicine and ice cream! Poor guy!

Over the Christmas weekend I pretty much fell off of the wagon! Knowing that I was going to start HCG on the day after Christmas. I wish I hadn’t bc I gained 7 lbs back of the 16 I lost! I am learning that at this point every single decision really does count! In the 3 days since I started HCG I have lost 7 lbs! I don't feel like I've lost anything since I pretty much just got rid of what I had gained. But today is a fresh day and I am excited to see the lbs continue to come off over the next several weeks!

I debated if I should mention HCG or not. It is controversial and I was very skeptical when I heard of others doing it. But since I'm one of those people who puts stock in what Dr. Oz says and he approved it so I decided to find out more info and do more research. What I found I liked so I decided to give it a go!

I know fad diets aren’t the answer and that it's all about healthy choices and changing your lifestyle. Really that is exactly what I am doing. I'm using this 40 days of a very low calorie diet to retrain myself, to get back into the habit of disciplining myself and learning the importance of portions and wise decisions.

I know several people who have done it, lost weight and kept it off. Of course at the end I can't go back to a diet of cheese burgers, fried foods and chips but being healthy is much more rewarding then some fried pickles!
I love these 2 lil pinterest inspirations…
from enthuasticrunner.com
http://pinterest.com/optimusness/fitness-watch-me-shrink/

Where I am today, health wise, is a compilation of all the bad choices I made in the past.  I once changed my diet and lost a great deal but then when I was pregnant with the monkey I used it as an excuse to be a pig and eat ridiculous amounts of ultra greasy, high fat foods, to eat a bag of chips in one sitting, to get ice cream and French fries on a regular basis and the sum of all those bad choices may have tasted good at the time but looking back were not worth it!  Just as my week of Christmas gorge fest was not worth the 7 lbs! 

I was going to post my very last before pic but I think I will wait a few weeks and do a side by side of the difference !
Thanks to all my friends who are supporting me in this endeavor and I cant wait to see what the next few weeks bring!!! 

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO THIS! I've never heard of HCG, but if it helps give you the boost you need and the confidence to continue your journey- go for it and don't let anyone talk smack for it. If you've done your research then you just keep on keeping on and retrain yourself! I personally use My Fitness Pal and it is a great little calorie counter website that has support and "friends". I have the app on my phone and everytime I put something in my mouth I scan it into my diary. It has really helped me!

    BEST OF LUCK on this journey: you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!