Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Paleo and Clean Coconut Crusted Chicken and No Bake Cookies!

I love that our taste buds change!  I have always hated the taste of coconut but lately I cant get enough of it!  
Last night we had Coconut Crusted Chicken with Sweet & Sour Sauce it was beyond fantastic! 
I found this recipe on Beezy Body Fitness and did it a little differently, next time I think I will do it more like the original recipe.  I pan fried it in coconut oil instead of baking it because I thought it would be quicker and I didn't add any spices, mostly because I forgot, but it was still yummy!  It was very Paleo and Clean Eating friendly!
Coconut Crusted Chicken Ingredients
Free Range Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
Coconut Flour
Coconut Oil
2 Eggs
Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes (next time I will use shredded - or run flakes through food processor - the flakes were a little hard to keep on because they were so big)
I did a little bit of coconut oil in pan - rolled chicken in coconut flour, then in egg then in coconut flakes and pan fried.  It turned out great but next time I want to try to bake it instead.
I found this Sweet & Sour Sauce recipe somewhere but I can't find where I found it anywhere but its super yum!
5 tbs of Honey
2 Tbs of vinegar
1 Tbs of Arrowroot powder
2 Tbs of Aminos
2 Tbs of Tomato Paste
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
and 1/4 cup of water (more if you want it thinner)  
Simmer all together in a sauce pan for 5 mins then remove from heat - it thickens up while cooling.  
 
Along our journey of getting healthy I am trying to find great healthy replacements to everyday things.  I found this amazing No Bake Cookie recipe on Sweet Treats by Shayna made a few revisions and was amazed by how yummy they were!  Paleo and Clean too!  
1 cup coconut flakes (i use organic, unsweetened ones from whole foods)
1 cup chocolate chips  (I use enjoy life choc chips, they are dairy, soy and sugar free)
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup raw local honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
In a sauce pan - melt choc chips with oil, almond butter & honey then remove from heat and mix in rest of ingredients- then spoon on to parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 mins.  I put half them in the freezer for 10 mins and they were perfect!  
 photo sig_zpsd718d3fe.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I LOVE reading all your comments and I try my hardest to respond to each of them via email!